To develop a brand-new leadership programme to drive forward a cultural shift by instilling positive behaviours and giving leaders permission ‘to be the best leaders they could be’.
The success of the Programme would be measured through the people sentiment scores within employee surveys conducted in the business. An equally important measure of success would be what people were saying about the Programme in the business and whether people were scrambling to be included in the second wave of the roll-out.
Following a period of intensive consultation with key sponsors and stakeholders in Santander, it was agreed that the new programme would consist of a modern, innovative, mixed-media programme, consisting of a cohort-based schedule of development activity over a 10-month period, including:
- A core Programme of 3 x 2-day collaborative workshops, designed to be highly immersive to ensure a very personal experience for learners that challenged them to stretch their thinking.
- Signposting participants to relevant internal e-learning and bitesize modules
- A campaign of weekly ‘pokey-coach’ communications to encourage Learners to reflect on key messages from the workshops and as a prompt to maintain their efforts to embed the learning
- An underpinning social media learning community for participants in the Programme to share their successes and challenges and to expand on topics from the Programme
- Workplace projects to encourage innovation, reward proactive action and demonstrate agile approaches.
A robust evaluation strategy to inform ongoing refinements of content and approach in order to optimise the success of the Programme.